Sunday, August 3, 2008

Madonna and Child
approx 9 x 15 inches
acrylic on wood, with goldleaf
SOLD

My interest in the feminine Divine continues, hence this painting. Sometimes I ask myself, "How much did Mary understand?" Since women tend to be very intuitive, maybe she understood more than most folks give her credit for understanding.

Joe, Dixie and I went to see the Tams in concert on Friday night. They helped originated Beach music and the "Shag" dance that was such a big part of Myrtle Beach in the 60's. My favorite song that they sing is "Be Young, Be Foolish, and Be Happy."

http://www.thetams.com/thetamshits.html

The ants and the heat were intense, but I decided to have a good time anyway. I really "got my dance on" as they say. I even took part in the Love Train at the end! A good time was had by all!

No comments: