Tuesday, June 3, 2008

True Colors Series - Danielle Delight
approx 20 x 26 inches
acrylic on wood
SOLD
I've always loved that song:

I see your true colors shining through,
I see your true colors, and that's why I love you;
So don't be afraid to let them show
They're beautiful, like a rainbow.

Eva Cassidy does a wonderful version of that song, by the way. We often have to look beyond what we see to understand someone's true beauty. So I've done several pieces of people done in unusual colors. I tend to give everything I paint a name, and this one is named Danielle, after my dad (Daniel). She is done with metallic paints, which don't photograph as beautifully as they appear in real life.

Have you noticed that I tend to paint a lot of women? One of the reasons for this is that I believe women are the most underutilized resource in the world. So, I'm doing my part to bring the feminine principle forward by painting women that are not only beautiful, but strong.

No comments: