Thursday, January 14, 2010

Blue Lagoon Window
36 x 27
acrylic on recovered/recycled window


I'm in love with color. I simply cannot paint with realistic colors all the time - it bores me. It's all about the color - that's what really gets my juices flowing. I painted this while listening to Jimmy Buffet. I figured it would help get me through the winter!

"In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer."
~Albert Camus


I had an interesting experience last night. I was asked to come "pray through" a home in order to help identify what might be causing some spooky things going on in the house. It turned out that it was masks and clay statues from Africa. Even the bag they were packaged in had to go. So, if you are an art lover like me, be careful what you buy under the umbrella of "art." It can sometimes be unclean. A wonderful book to read on the subject is "Protecting Your Home From Spiritual Darkness" by Chuck Pierce.

"Do not give the devil a foothold."
~Ephesians 4:27

No comments: