Saturday, August 1, 2009

Colorful Dragonflies
12 x 5 inches
acrlyic on wood
sealed and ready to hang
SOLD

There are so many dragonflies around my barn this summer. They come and sit on the edge of my workshop bench while I'm prepping wood. They don't even startle when I walk by anymore. I guess you could say they are tame. It is amazing. It makes me feel a teensy bit like St. Francis. And since I believe that the Lord can choose to speak to us through animals, I Googled dragonflies. They mean wisdom, vision, and change.

It reminds me of the time that my friend Janice and I rented horses in the Tennesee mountains. When trail ride was over, Janice remarked about the yellow butterflies that were following my horse, Anne, and me throughout the whole trail ride. I had noticed, but I didn't think anyone else had. It was a magical day.

Love does not dominate; it cultivates.
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I have been all things unholy. If God can work through me, he can work through anyone.
~St. Francis of Assisi

No comments: