Saturday, September 6, 2008

Thought I'd show you a work in progress today. Here's the sketch on paper, as you can see, it's very rough. I'm just basically doing outlines, and I add all the details later.

Here's the sketch transferred (to the wood table top that is 30" in diameter) first with charcoal, then with paint. At this point, I decided to make both fish face their friend!Here's the finished product. I get so engrossed when I'm painting that I forgot to take more "in progress" pictures. Bits of broken mirror serve as her scales. This piece is on top of an armoire at The Big Tuna, and is for sale there.

Thought for the Day:
It all begins when the soul would have its way with you.
~Emerson

1 comment:

Nicole Richardson said...

I love your mermaids! It was so nice to meet you in person. Now when people come into the shop, I tell them how great and bubbly you are. I love your new bio on the wall as well. You are so creative~