Friday, September 19, 2008

Mosaic Fish - Tyler
18.5 x 16.5 inches
acrylic and stained glass on wood
ready to hang
SOLD

We had no air conditioning for 3 days, so it has taken me awhile to "catch up" in the house. And, the 12 week class I teach through Coastal started on Monday, so I've been happily busy. I did this little fish yesterday. It felt good to be back in the studio. One thing I've realized lately is that no one, no matter how mean, can rob you of your joy if you consciously choose it every day. The reason is this: there is a huge difference between happiness and joy. Happiness depends on what's happening. Joy comes from a deeper place - knowing and walking with God every day - and no one can take it away from you.

Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary: "If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
~Romans 12:17-21

No comments: