Saturday, July 26, 2008

McKenna Mermaid
approx 12 x 9 inches
acrylic on wood
safety coated to enable
hanging outdoors or in bathroom
sides painted, no need for a frame
SOLD


I love painting mermaids!

I have a friend that calls Mary Magdelene "Mary Much-maligned." I think it's funny, but true. Pope Gregory is the one that commanded that she be associated with the prostitute. Anyway, I've been reading in Proverbs. Over and over again, it refers to wisdom as "her" and "she." Seems pretty clear to me that wisdom is a woman:

Prov 1:20Wisdom calls aloud in the street,she raises her voice in the public squares;

Prov 4:66 Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you;love her, and she will watch over you.

Prov 7:44 Say to wisdom, "You are my sister,"and call understanding your kinsman;

Prov 8:11 for wisdom is more precious than rubies,and nothing you desire can compare with her.

Prov 9:1Wisdom has built her house;she has hewn out its seven pillars.

Prov 18:4The words of a man's mouth are deep waters,but the fountain of wisdom is a bubbling brook.


Thought for the day:
Goodness without wisdom invariably accomplishes evil.
~Robert Heinlein

No comments: