Monday, June 30, 2008

Big Ol' Piggy
14 x 11 inches
acrylic on canvas
sides painted, no need for a frame

This one is hanging at Southern Portraits and Accents. You haven't lived until you've seen a thousand pound sow snorting as she nurses a bunch of squealing piglets at the Iowa State Fair. It really is amazing, and convinced me that motherhood is not revered enough! This painting was inspired by an enormous sculpture in the children's garden area of Brookgreen Gardens. Oh, and one more pig story - When I first moved to SC, my roomate came into my bedroom and said, "I'm going to the Hoggly Woggly." I nearly fell off my chair laughing at the new name for the Piggly Wiggly. Too funny!

Good news! My work has been accepted at another gallery - E. Pickney Framing & Gallery at 38th Avenue and Bypass 17 in Myrtle Beach.

No comments: